Breaking News
Loading...

Info Post

"I AM IN THE FATHER"
~ Gospel of John 14:7-14


“If you know me, then you will also know my Father…Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.”
“We have been trained in the habit of looking at our dark side, our ugliness, and not at the purifying Sun, Light of Light, which He is, who changes the dust that we are into pure gold. We think about examining ourselves, yet we do not think, before the examination, during the examination, and after the examination, to plunge ourselves, with all our miseries, into the consuming and transforming furnace of His Heart, which is open to us through a single humble act of confidence.”
In today’s Gospel reading according to St. John, we find a very interesting promise made by Jesus toward the end of the reading. “And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." (John 14:13-14)
Jesus is pleading for our confidence. He wants our absolute dependence on him alone. Scripture is ripe with beautiful portrayals of his overwhelming desire for our confidence
The Apostles, like us, struggled with confidence; but with the grace given by Jesus in his resurrection, they were able to spread the Gospel to the ends of the earth and become martyrs of confidence for the Kingdom of God. Let us have confidence in him today! May we go before our Lord with complete confidence in his love. What simple, yet powerful, significance the prayer of St. Faustina has now, “Jesus I trust in you!”