Breaking News
Loading...

Info Post


St. Ignatius of Loyola, a great mystic and saint who founded the Society of Jesus, has given a powerful method of reviewing our day in the presence of God. This is called the “Examination of Consciousness”. St. Ignatius was able “to see God in everything and everything in God”.  He saw the presence of God in his daily life. Therefore the “Examination of Consciousness” is actually an attitude than a method, a time set aside for thankful reflection on where God is in your daily life. It has five steps and it usually takes  15 to 20 minutes a day.
First Step:  Ask God for light.
            In the beginning I make a short prayer asking the Lord to look at my entire day with God’s eye and not my own. When I look at the day with God’s eye, I see everything that happened in my life for a purpose.
Second Step: Give thanks.
            In this step, I remember the each event of my life and give thanks to the Lord. I feel grateful to the Lord for everything that happened on that day. Even if it is something bad happened on that day, I thank the Lord for that experience.
Third Step: Review the day:
            I carefully look back on the day just completed, being guided by the Holy Spirit. I go through all the events without making any judgement on myself.  I do not ever ask why this happened to me.
Fourth Step: Face your Shortcomings:
            I face all that has gone wrong in my life. I see what has gone wrong and I see the reason for what has gone wrong on this day. What are the possible reasons for the shortcomings?
Fifth Step: Look forward the day to come.
            Finally I ask the Lord for His help, so that I can live the next day in a better way.  I ask the Lord for help, so that I may not do the same mistake again next day. I make a decision to lead a better life with the help of the Holy Spirit.
            This method is most useful for our spiritual progress. It is also helpful to lead a good Christian life. This method will help you to give up your addictions in life. Moreover it is possible lead a better only with the help of the assistance of the Holy Spirit and compassionate love of God.

This is done preferably just before retiring to bed.